Saturday, April 18, 2009

I can see the E!







Those that have known me a long time know how long I've had glasses. Lets just say I don't remember not having glasses. I've worn glasses until I was about 13 or so then I got contacts. They were great and I loved them. I have always thought Lasik would be a great thing to have done. I am so blind. When I went to the eye doctor to get my eyes checked for lasik they showed me the E (The big E )and said what can you see, I could not see anything. Deep down I knew Lasik would be great but am a bit of a chicken and it made me a bit scared to mess with my eyes. So I never really thought I would do it.






Thanks to Court who really wanted me to get it done I decided to go for it. When I went to my appointment for the doctor to see if I was a candidate I saw a big jar full of glasses where people had donated their glasses that they no longer needed. I thought I would love to someday put my glasses in there. I am happy to say I put my glasses in that jar this week. I got lasik a month ago and all went well. The good thing about not having glasses is I can see when I wake up in the morning, Packing for trips is easier, and many other great things. I also noticed that the traffic lights are not made up of one green light. The green light is made up of lots of little lights. Don't laugh I've never seen that before, but don't worry I could see the traffic light though. The bad things are I can see when the shower gets dirty, and more crumbs on the floor. Those of you who have thought about Lasik it is great. It's so quick and does not hurt at all.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

YAA!!! I am so happy for you. Enjoy seeing the fingerprints and crumbs and marks on the wall. Everyone claims one day we will miss it??? I love Allison's cake. I think about Josh being 12 this year. Time flies!

Natalie said...

That's so awesome! And, I'm completely jealous. You'll have to fill me in on all the details. I really hope to have Lasik one day. Congrats!

Amberly said...

Wow, that is awesome!! Although, I don't know if I want to see MORE of the crumbs in my house! I am still a chicken though. I am very happy for you!

Hadley Family said...

So so so jealous!

flashman1933 said...

Hi, I know what you mean about being scared to go through with it. I had to have cataract surgery at a younger age then most people and i was really nervous. I went through with it and even though it was an uncomfortable operation for both eyes ,i did not feel any pain and the ressult was i could see better.
Glad you had the lazik and hadgood results too.

Driscoll Family said...

YES!!! I did it too about a year and a half ago. The BEST thing I have ever done for my self. I needed PRK, but really it wasn't bad. I can see 20/15 in each eye. Amazing since I couldn't see the big "E" either. Swimming is my favorite thing. I don't worry about being splashed in the eyes. And NO contact case or solution when I travel. Heaven!